Day 2: Zesty chicken, pasta and leek with a kick
This dish was created out of hunger and became my variety of a chicken, leek and pasta dish. I added some items I’d not planned to add, such a parmesan and cream. Luckily it was a good option, it all worked well together.
- 250g of pasta (it really doesn’t matter which kind)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 large cloves of garlic, crushed.
- 1 large leek sliced thin (white and light green parts only)
- 2 tbs salt and black pepper
- 200g of light cream
- 50g of paraman cheese
- 1 birds eye chilli
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
Do the next to steps at the same time.
- Cook the pasta to al dente, drain it and put back in saucepan with the lid.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan (or like I did, in a wok) on medium heat. Add the leek, garlic, pepper and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the cream, Parmesan and the lemon zest and simmer. Finally addd the chicken and leave on low/medium heat until cooked.
- Chuck the pasta over it and stir in thoroughly.
- Oops, at the stage it was almost done, I remembered I was meant to add the chili so I added it at the end.
I don’t really think there’s a way to make this dish look pretty but bloody hell it tasted good and hearty. Husband and I disagreed on one point, I thought 3 tea spoons of zest was perfect, he thought it would be better with 1 1/2.