Day 12: Moroccan Chicken & Sweet Potato Soup
Saw this recipe and it sounded healthy, tasty and flavoursome.
The finished result was OK. I think it needed more spices; more Cumin, Ginger and perhaps the addition of Paprika would bring out the Moroccan flavours. I would also add another garlic clove or two.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2cm piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 chicken thigh fillets, diced
- 350g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 400g tin of diced tomatoes
- 400g tin of chick peas, drained
- 1 zucchini / courgette, diced
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a large pan add the onions and ginger. Stir for 3 mins
- Add the chicken and spices. Cook for a further 2 mins
- Add the sweet potatoes, stock and tomatoes. Cover and bring to the boil then simmer for 20 mins.
- Add the chick peas and zucchini. Simmer for a further 10 mins.
- Stir in the lemon juice and coriander. Reserve a little coriander for garnish.