Day 14: Creamy Chicken Soup
We had a couple of chicken thigh fillets to use up so I looked up recipes for chicken soup. I ended up using a mix of a few different recipes. It takes an hour or so to cook but is really easy.
- 2 x chicken thigh fillets, cut in half
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 leek, trimmed, cut in half and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 25ml cream
1. Pour the stock into a large saucepan, add the onion, leek and chicken. Bring to the boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for about an 1 hour.
2. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside, letting it cool enough to handle.
3. Pour the remaining contents of the pan into a food processor and wizz up.
4. Shred the chicken and place into the processor and pulse for a few seconds.
5. Pour everything into a clean saucepan and heat up for a few minutes.
6. Stir in the cream.
7. Serve with nice bread.
It was really tasty but in the future I might chuck in a spud to make it thicker and perhaps another leek.