Day 20: Thai Prawn and Potato curry
A beautiful, spicy and quick Thai dish. Easy as!
- 12 uncooked prawns with tails left on
- 2 potatoes cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli (or more if you can take it!)
- 2 tbs red curry paste
- 400 ml coconut milk (or a small 270ml mixed with water to make into ‘milk’)
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs oil
- Coriander for garnish
1. Pre-cook the potatoes until almost done. You can cheat and use a microwave for 5 mins.
2. Heat the oil in a wok then add the onion. Stir until they soften but do not allow to brown. Add the garlic and chilli, stir for a minute or so.
3. Add the curry paste, coconut milk and potatoes. Turn up the heat and stir until the sauce thickens a bit.
4. Add the prawns, fish sauce and lime juice. Cook until the prawns are cooked (a couple of mins should do it).
Serve with steamed rice or on its own as we did. Garnish with a little coriander.