Day 21: Stuffed chicken breast with bacon
This has been a pub favourite of mine for ages but one that is often done badly. This however hit the spot!
- 1 chicken breast, skin removed.
- 2 tbs basil pesto (I used the one I made the other day)
- A few slices of Colby cheese
- 2 rashers bacon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Spring onion (green parts)
- Olive oil
1. Put a little oil into a frying pan, and on medium heat cook the spring onion and garlic until they soften a bit. Remove from pan.
2. Cut a large chicken breast in half horizontally without cutting all the way. Open flat.
3. Spread the pesto on one half. Spread the spring onions and garlic on the other half. Place the cheese on top of the spring onions.
4. Close the chicken carefully. Wrap the bacon around the closed chicken breast ensuring the filling doesn’t fall out.
5. Heat a frying pan large with enough oil to cover reach 3-5mm up the sides of the chicken.
6. When hot, carefully place the chicken parcel into the pan and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the outside browned. Turn the chicken over a few times during the cooking again ensuring the filling doesn’t seep out.
Serve with pasta or veggies.
This meal was gorgeous and I was especially pleased with the moistness of the chicken.