Day 26: Thai chilli prawns with rice noodles
I fancied something that didn’t take hours to cook and wanted to use up what we had in the fridge/freezer. The presentation isn’t the best but I don’t know how to make this dish more attractive looking. It tasted lovely, really lovely. I just wish there was more of it. This served 2 as a lunch or light dinner.
- 12 large uncooked prawns (keep tail but deveined etc)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 red chilli finely chopped (seeds and all in for extra fire)
- 2 small garlic cloves crushed
- 100g brown mushrooms (usually have fancier ones but needed to use these up)
- 2.5 cm long 1cm thick (approx) piece of ginger cut into match stick slices
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tsp coriander leaves chopped
- 2 portions of Vermicelli rice noodles (per packet instructions)
Boil some water in a pan then add the rice noodles and boil for about 2-5 minutes. Drained carefully once cooked and set aside.
Meanwhile, pour the oil into a wok on medium heat. Add the crushed garlic, spring onion, ginger and chilli stir together for a minute or so, taking care that the garlic doesn’t brown. Add the mushrooms, oyster and fish sauce as well as the noodles and mix thoroughly and cook for a minute or so.
Add the prawns and cook until they are done (about 3 mins) then stir in the coriander. Remove from heat.