Old fav: Chili-naise
My bolognese and chilli has over years amalgamated into one dish. This is a tasty, healthy meal that is quick to make. As I’ve said before, I’m all about making food quickly without loss of taste. This takes 15-20 minutes excluding preparing the ingredients.
- 500g Lean Steak Mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 320g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium sized carrots, grated
- 400 g Chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g tins kidney beans (with liquid)
- 2 red chilies, finely chopped (with seeds)
- 1.5 tbs sweet paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 40g of grated cheese per serve (optional)
- Add the mince, tomatoes, beans, chilli and spices into a large pot and cook until mince has browned.
- At that point add the onion and garlic and simmer until onions become translucent.
- Add carrots, cook for a few minutes.
- Follow with the cooking mushrooms.
- Check for flavour at this point. Add more spices if required.
- Simmer everything for 30 mins.
- If you wish, grate some cheese over the whole thing.
- Serve with rice if you wish, I didn’t this time.
|Nutrition Facts for dish without rice or cheese
Serving Size 390 g
Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value based on 2000 calories*|
Total Fat 11.6g 18%
— Saturated Fat 4.4g 22%
|— Trans Fat 0.0g|
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 839mg 35%
Total Carbohydrates 31.3g 10%
|— Dietary Fiber 9.3g 37%|
|— Sugars 9.7g|
40g of cheese per person added 161 calories