BBQ: Rockling fillet with Thai inspired mango salsa.
Continuing my obsession with summer BBQs I wanted to incorporate one of my absolute favourites: Mango!
We used rockling fillet ((but any meaty fish would do) which we put on skewers (don’t forget to wet them first if they are made of wood) and chucked on the BBQ. It only took about 5-6 minutes.
Ingredients for the salsa (serving for 2)
- 2 mangoes (peeled, pip removed, diced)
- 1 small (3cm) red chilli (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- 1/2 small yellow onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 15g (1 Tbsp) finely grated ginger (chopped)
- 30ml white wine vinegar
- 15ml olive oil
- 4 Tbsp coriander (chopped)
- Cracked black pepper and sea salt
Mix it all in a bowl and give it some time for the flavours to combine. Once the fish is grilled, plate up with some rocket.
|Nutrition Facts for the salsa|
Serving Size 284 g
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat 8.6g|
|Saturated Fat 1.3g|
|– Trans Fat 0.0g|
|– Cholesterol 0mg|
|Total Carbohydrates 45.4g|
|– Dietary Fiber 5.9g|
|– Sugars 32.5g|