I was looking for something different to have for lunch and this really hits the spot and it’s so simple to make! Serving suggestion: bacon and avocado – it worked exceptionally well.
Ingredients for 4 people (2 each)
- 1 large (420g) tin of corn kernels patted dry (I have yet to try with fresh corn)
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup (115g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 brown onion (or 4-5 spring onions) finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 red pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- salt, black pepper, paprika and hot cayenne pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
Whisk up the eggs, add milk then slowly add the flour whisking rigorously to avoid lumps. Add the spices to ensure an even mix. Chuck all veg in and mix thoroughly.
Heat up a pan (high heat) with enough oil to cover the bottom, pour a dollop of mix using a large spoon. Fry for a minute before turning over. Repeat until it looks golden brown.