Lemon chicken with garlic dip and flatbread
This is a new dish to me and it’s delicious and will become a regular in my home. This is not my recipe but I’ve altered some parts to make it more me.
Start with marinade the bread and marinade for the chicken. The dough needs about an hour to rise.
• 1kg boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into pieces about 2cm.
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• A bulb of crushed garlic minced
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest (from about 1-2 lemons)
• 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• Spinach leaves
SPICY GARLIC SAUCE:
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 2 to 3 crushed cloves garlic
• 1-2 teaspoons sriracha/hot sauce (more or less to taste)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Pinch black pepper
• Squeeze of fresh lemon juice (a couple teaspoons)
• Mix the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano, cumin and paprika. Pour over the chicken and cover the dish and leave in the drive to marinate for at least an hour or up to 8
• Cook the chicken in a frying pan or on the BBQ
• For the garlic sauce, mix all the ingredients. Leave in the fridge until ready to serve; the sauce can be made a week ahead of time.
• 2 teaspoons instant yeast
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 2/3 cup warm water (warm but not hot to the touch)
• 1/2 cup warm milk (warm but not hot to the touch)
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3 cups flour, more or less
• Mix the yeast, sugar water, milk, oil, salt and one cup of the flour until well combined.
• Knead the dough for 4-5 minutes until it is soft and smooth.
• Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover with greased plastic wrap; let rise until doubled, about an hour or so.
• Divide the dough into six or eight equal pieces. Cover with a cloth or plastic wrap and let the dough pieces rest for 10-15 minutes.
• Roll the dough into a large thin circle.
• Heat a pan/griddle/skillet and cook the flatbread for 2-3 minutes on the first side until it bubbles and puffs. Flip it over and cook until it is golden and spotty. If the skillet isn’t hot enough, the bread can be dry.