My satay / peanut sauce
Love love love this to go along with chicken and coconut rice.
Ingredients for the satay sauce:
- 1/2 tin of a 440g can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (crunchy)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (not reduced salt)
- 1 chunk of palm sugar (I’m told normal sugar work too but I’ve not tried)
- 2 small finely chopped chills or 1 heaped teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 small/medium onion (very finely chopped)
- 2 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon oil (peanut ideally)
Add the oil and onion and chilli first. Cook the it on low heat until clear (2-3 min perhaps). Stir cautiously to avoid burning.
Then add the garlic and sugar and cook for another minute or two whilst stirring – make sure not to burn the garlic (i.e. keep the heat low).
Pour in the coconut milk, soy and then mix in the peanut butter. Keep stirring until the peanut butter has mixed properly with the liquids. Simmer low heat for a couple of minutes max to mix up the flavours.